Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Home Study Part 1 Complete!!!

Well, we survived our first joint Home Study interview! It actually went very well (J and I thought so anyway). Our social worker (SW) was very sweet, informative, and easy to talk to. She explained a bit more of the Korea process to us and just put us at ease (as much as you can have with International Adoption). We pretty much just told her our life stories, talked about marriage, talked about issues that adoptive parents face and especially issues that adoptive children face. We talked about what support systems and resources we have, how we are going to incorporate Korean culture and heritage into our family, and how we'll handle issues/situations as they arise in the future! I won't bore you with all the details, but we feel that it went great. Neither of us were nervous or anxious and we thank you all for the prayers!


She went ahead and scheduled our next and last interviews for next Wednesday at 9:15am. She will conduct another joint interview and then interview us each separately, and then interview C (should be fun)! She thinks there is a good chance that we'll officially be waiting by mid May!!

Thanks again for all of your prayers, thoughts and interest in our lives. It truly is a blessing to our family.

Just wanted to share a sweet gift that was given to me by a sweet, dear girlfriend....It speaks for itself...and meant so much that she thought of me....

3 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

That is a cute shirt!!! I can't wait for your referral, I am already soooo excited! This will help ease my pains to adopt again! I saw an Ethiopian little baby girl and boy at Harry Myers Park last week and the little girl was only about five months old. Just beautiful! I came home wanting another baby and Greg just looked at me and said, "We have no more money!" Bummer!

the jordan's said...

Thanks Kim, when I see babies I just melt! We have some friends that just started the process for Ethiopian siblings! Thanks for all of your support and excitement for us...it means a lot!

Unknown said...

Things are moving along! Love the shirt.