Friday, May 9, 2008

WOO HOO!! We're Official!

Hello All,

We received "The Letter" from our agency telling us we were officially placed on the waiting list May 2, 2008! We couldn't be more thankful and filled with joy. Thanks to all of you who have prayed with us over the past year+ while we're trying to expand our family! I received some wonderful personal news as well yesterday that J and I are so grateful for as well. God is so good to us!

Now the "real" waiting begins! Some families in the Korea program with our agency have received referrals lately and they have waited 5-6 months! So, there is a great chance that maybe we will see our sweet child's face sometime late fall! Then we'd travel in early 2009! We are very hopeful, but know that anything can change with International Adoption.

Prayer Requests

*Pray that our child has been conceived
*Pray the Birth Mother takes wonderful care of her body and the baby throughout her pregnancy
*Pray that J, Miss C and I are patient while we wait for our referral
*Pray that our hearts will know our child when we see him/her for the first time and there will be NO doubt that this is the referral for us
*Pray for J, that he has confidence in all of his abilities and stays true to who he is and the man that God made him into (he has had an overwhelming week)
*Pray that Miss C will adjust well to having a sibling
*Pray that our sweet baby will be home SOON!!!!!

11 comments:

TJPPPSmith said...

That is WONDERFUL news! Troop and I are so happy for you and your new to expand family!

Micah and Sunny said...

Thanks so much for posting your blog. I think I have seen it before but couldn't find it anywhere. I am so excited to be waiting with you. You have a beautiful family.

I appreciate your prayer requests. Mine are so similar. I am so greatful for our birth mother and love her very dearly.

Praying for baby by '09!

Sunny K (Dillon forum)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! The Lewallyns are hopeful and happy for you! We love you guys!

Tom and Lyly said...

This is so awesome!!! We're thrilled to hear the positive news and will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. God is sooo good!

*Lyly & Tom*

jljohnston said...

Your such a great blogger. We are praying with you. We can't wait for little baby Jordan to join you. "Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength..." We love you guys.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Do something to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

Yea!! One step closer to meeting new baby Jordan!! Praying daily for each of you and for the new member of the fam. It is a privilege to walk the journey beside you!!
Love- Benny, Jermany, Grace and Emma

stephanie said...

YAY!!!!! I'm so thankful you have recieved such good news!!!! Please keep in touch-estesboys2.blogspot.com. I had a great year with Callie!!!!!

Yvonne and Eric said...

Congratulations! It's such a wonderful feeling finally getting on The List. I hope your wait is short!

YvonneW

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your news!!!! HAPPY DAY!!!!

Jaime said...

Hey y'all! I'm so glad I found your blog! Kim told me about it & I found a link off of the Capshaws blog. YAY! It looks like everything is moving right along... I'm looking forward to more good news from you.
How is your summer going? :) Ours has been great, we're ready to get back into the "school routine!"
Keep in touch! Jaime & Matt